Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Final Brainstorming

The final ideas for this project I'm thinking are going to end up to be Animal Planet of Mythical Creatures and Rodent Plumbers:


Like I said in my last post. This idea originated from a sketch I made in my 2D design class during Freshman year. Never got a chance to use it though.

"Rodent
Plumbers" would consist of
probably several short stories of small animals (not necessarily "rodents") that perform services. Mice who fix the plumbing, birds that babysit, beavers that fight fires, etc.

In these stories, each animal would most likely come in contact with either some part of human society or a person directly at some point. Each animal would be labeled as intelligent in their own task (using materials), and probably have some human-like qualities as well (being able to talk maybe).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The second idea for a project is to use mythical creatures in a sort of animal planet-like approach, like this video of the Komodo Dragon. Though the approach I'm looking for as far as style is more that of the video in relation to the Honey Bees.

As far as the actual content of what types of mythical/magical creatures I would be using. I have access to an Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures which would be a great resource to all types.

What I want to do with this is to make a series of "episodes" where commentary is given in relation to the mythical creature in question. Each creature would be researched heavily and would be reacting to its environment (as well as any human presence & the camera as well) exactly the way it would, based on its own traits, tolerance, etc.








In turn, the camera would have to react to any
motions that this creature would make, and the commentator would have to probably comment on the situation, but would likely continue talking on and on
very calmly...

There would be a variety of mythical creatures--dangerous, cute, large, small. In other words, not all of them will have the same traits, dangers, likes, dislikes, or reactions.


One idea which was pointed out to me was actually to maybe combine the Rodent
project and this Mythical Creatures together somehow. I'm
not totally sure that's the
direction I want to go, but with further suggestions, it could maybe work.








No comments:

Post a Comment